HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CWD in your state ?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 05:33 PM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Everything OT stated is on point and correct. And therein lies the rub so to speak. Pandora's box has already been opened and the disease has already got out, jumped the fence, and runs wild now. The deer farmers through their sheer stupidity and greed helped it along, hastening what nature intended probably around 50 years ahead of it's time. While I agree that the deer farms need to be shut down, it's just a tad bit too late being as the damage has already been done and the deer species are the ones paying for it. Shutting them down now will only slow the bleed so to speak. Keeping a few open for strictly research would be the way to go. Re-enforced fencing as well as electronic monitoring (GPS collar) of all animals while researching gene therapies (probably the only solution to a prion based disease) would be the way to go. I don't give a rats pitute if the deer farmers go bankrupt. It was their greed and short sidedness that allowed this mess in the first place. I personally think all canned hunt operators should be rounded up, caged, and shot once a day right in the nads with a 50k volt stun gun just for good measure