HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I hope to SMOKE............
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 07:34 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bronko22000
And btw JW you're lucky. I've found that bears do not like cameras and like to smack or chew them.
Another thing you can do is to get a bottle of Anise Extract and soak a cloth in in and hang it high. They love the smell and it will draw them in to your site.

Bronko I do have condensed Liquid Smoke rags up. I do have Anise oil and that is next.

And that Video shows the bear walking right up to the camera. All mine are in a "Metal Bear Box" which at this point seems to work. I have numerous Snout photos. This bear sure was interested in my camera. No teeth marks on the metal box though.

[img]https://c4.staticflickr.com/9/8599/28035993603_29eb205161_c.jpg[/img

Thanks Dave.....
Just 4 miles west of me is Zone B - Hwy 141 is the dividing line. I always wanted to hunt behind dogs. Allowed in Zone B.
I have spent too many years judging and training pointing dogs. Would like to see some hounds work. However kill tag or not I've been invited to do just that. I found a group who do Make a Wish Bear hunts and I've been asked to help them.
The main guy owns a huge farm loaded with turkeys. Once their Make a Wish client has bear hunted I take them on a Damage permit Turkey hunt. Looking forward to making that happen for them and being part of that program.
JW