HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - sccy pistols
Thread: sccy pistols
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 08:31 AM
Ruger-Redhawk
Nontypical Buck

http://www.sccy.com/

The SCCY's are a inexpensive gun designed for carrying. They are 100% made in the USA in Daytona Beach FL.

They had a segment the other night on the Sportsman's channel G&A TV. Kyle Lamb has supposedly had one for a couple years and was very happy with it. I'm sure he doesn't want to bite the hand that feeds him either.

I have minimal experience with one. I have a friend that bought one. I fired a magazine through it. It shot good but the trigger was long and hard like most of the guns designed to be carried.
I have a Ruger LCP and it has probably the worst trigger I've ever fired. I can live with it, it's fine for what the gun was designed for. They aren't range guns.

IMHO for the price the SCCY's are a decent gun. I believe my buddy said he gave around 275.00 for it OTD.
They make them in about a dozen different colors. If I was looking for a inexpensive carry gun I would seriously consider a SCCY. They have a lifetime warranty. Here's something that really surprises me. If your SCCY is ever stolen. if you turn in a official police report they will replace that stolen gun. The warranty follows the gun, you don't have to be the original owner for the warranty.
They are a small company trying to make a decent gun for a reasonable price.
I asked probably a year ago on one of the gun forums and it seemed like everyone that had one or had experience with a SCCY was happy with them. One guy said he sold his and was sorry he had, that he was going to be buying another one.