HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Coyotes vs Western Coyotes
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 08:32 PM
MudderChuck
Nontypical Buck

A buddy and myself (I weld) made up something similar in a 3/4 ton open trailer. Took us awhile to get all the squeaks out. Hogs have really good ears, the tiniest unnatural sound and they disappear.

Worked out well after we got the bugs worked out. We set up near a field the Hogs had been raiding. And leave the trailer there for days or a week or until the hogs have moved on. The trick to quiet it down is trailer jacks at four corner to take some of the weight off of the springs, indoor outdoor carpet and grease.

The law here is no shooting from a motorized vehicle. Some states you have to be fifty feet from a vehicle. The reason we use trailers.

I got really good at stopping my truck, bailing out and shooting with both feet on the ground. I've nailed a lot of Fox that way. I also surprised a dope dealer who was harassing one of my girls with that move, surprised the heck out of him. Like a fast draw, it just takes practice. He found me standing behind the bed and rear tire aiming over my pickup bed, before he could get his pistol out of his man purse. Looking down the barrel of that twelve gauge he found Jesus (or Allah), I guess it sobered him up, as far as I know he has been flying straight ever since.

Last edited by MudderChuck; 07-02-2016 at 08:50 PM.