HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - upgrade scope or binoculars?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 12:01 PM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by wild bill g
Your opening statement here made you look bad. You should never leave your binos at home and replace them with your scope. So I vote upgrade your binos.
I have read and heard many accomplished hunters say they spend most of their hunting time looking through their binos. We all make the mustake of being lazy and looking through our scope instead of our binos though. Not sure what you can get in your price range but get the best you can. If there is a way better set on sale when you decide and they are 100 dollars more go for it. You will likely never rgret it.
I don't believe he made any statements about using his scope as binoculars the way he hunts. Anyone that does needs to be retaught hunter safety because it's a huge nono! My Dad, rest his soul, was hunting from a tower stand in south Texas one day and when looking through his binoculars noticed a guy in a blind on the adjacent lease using his scope for binoculars and had the rifle aimed at my Dad. He proceeded to go over and called that guy out telling him he had lived through WWII and if he ever caught the guy doing that again he wouldn't have a gun/scope left to use to do it again!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 05-29-2016 at 12:06 PM. Reason: add on