HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Coonhounds what's your favorite
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 09:15 AM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Treeing Walker Coonhounds, followed by Blue Tick's. My favorite coon DOG breed is Jack Russel Terrier, but you asked about coonhounds, not coon dogs.

There's not enough server space in the world for me to start telling our coon hunting stories! Seems like no matter how many times we go out, something new and exciting is bound to happen. When I was in middle school through college, and until I moved a couple years after college, we'd go out 3-4 nights a week all through season. I don't have dogs of my own right now at the house, but my cousins, BIL/Sister, and dad still own/raise/hunt hounds, so I get back home a bunch and make it out with the dogs quite a bit during season.

I'm terrible about taking pictures, just never think to do it, but here are a few I do have online from over the years.

My wife took a pic when we got back last winter after a night my dad, BIL, and a old rodeo buddy went out:

A pile of carcasses and pelts taken over our Walker Hounds or by our Jack's, about a months worth of hunts:

Hero pic with our Jack's and Patterdales after a good day pushing coons out of old barn/grainery foundations:

Here's a pic after my son's first coon hunting trip this winter over a pair of my BIL's dogs: