HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Not allowed to use rifles=which states ?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 11:02 AM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

RR, How often do you need a second shot at the speed a semi can deliver it verses the speed in which you can cycle a lever, pump, or bolt? In my experience in small and big game hunting I have never needed that speed other than hog hunting sounders which is what my AR's are for. As far as for squirrels, my little Marlin lever .22L is pretty quick on second shots if needed.

As far as SG/ML only states, there are few that that restriction is state wide but there are MANY states that have that restriction in certain areas. With today's muzzleloaders especially, it's an outdated rule to say the least. Even some of the rifled sluggers are extremely potent out to 200+ yards! I don't push my 12 gauge barrel on my TC out past 150 usually but I don't think there would be too much involved in dropping a beast out to 200 with it. It's just my own personal restriction based on how far I feel 100% certain of my ability with that certain barrel.

Last edited by super_hunt54; 05-15-2016 at 11:04 AM.