HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 1/2 inch all day,if i do my part !
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 01:49 PM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Take RR up there for example. He is being a bit on the modest side as we all know he is one of the better shots on this forum. While most of his rifles are in the "custom" class, I would imagine he probably has more than a couple rifles that are pretty much factory that will more than easily hold less than an inch groups. He is more like me in that respect as he wouldn't be satisfied with anything less to be in his safe! Now granted, todays rifles are always in need of SOMETHING done to make them better. Bedding job, trigger job, action trued, SOMETHING that in the past would have been done at the factory before the customer ever laid hands on the rifle! As I said previously, manufacturers today, even though they have equipment that is light years ahead of what they had in the 30's-60's, just don't come close to QUALITY in their crafts. It's an age of push button manufacturing and while the machines are CAPABLE of good quality cutting and such, the operators just don't give a damn about the end product! A good rifle, to me anyway, is just as much a work of art as it is a tool. And today's artist suck!