HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Next hunting rig in the works!
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 11:50 AM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Yes Brandon we are reading your posts but you seem to not be getting what we are saying. Your comparison to 7mm-08 speeds is apples to oranges concept bud. What I am trying to get across to you is that the 7val speeds being posted are HOT LOADS and they (and you) are claiming they can get 7mm-08 speeds. Well yes if you compare their HOT LOADS to FACTORY anemic loads of the 7mm-08. Get my point? That's like comparing a .30-06 hot load to a .300WM light load and saying you can get .300WM performance from a .30-06. You see, the 7mm-08 is a hand loaders dream round. The factory ammo out there is okay but you can seriously "pump up the volume" SAFELY and get a round that is deadly to pretty much any 4 legged animal on this continent with the right bullet and placement. I have not, nor will I say that that new 7val isn't a good round. It looks to be a really great cartridge filling a gap between the AR15 and the larger rounds of the AR10. Hell I might even check one out for my hog hunting (though my 6.8 does it's job exceptionally well) but don't let them fool you into thinking that it compares to the 7mm-08 ON EQUAL FOOTING because it is physically impossible for it to do so.