HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A good day to shoot.
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 08:14 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Hooray! A shooting report. Thanks Cayugad, we needed a read.

Sounds like you had an enjoyable session. Like you, I stink at offhand. But that's OK because I'm hardly ever in a situation where I can't take a rest. (That's my "feel good" excuse anyway. )

I agree with your thoughts regarding powder charge. Most of my hunting loads are in the 85 to 95 grain range. Although my .58 seems to really like 105 grains.

I hope to contribute a shooting report pretty soon. My wife's knee replacement surgery two weeks ago went really well and she's now getting back on her feet; able to get up from a chair by herself and walk reasonable distances without the aid of a walker. So I expect to get a break from my nurse/cook/housekeeper duties this weekend. I hope the dang weather cooperates and gives me a rain free Saturday.
Since a knee replacement surgery is advised by the orthopedic surgeon for me, I am curious about your wife's healing time. Living alone, if a person is very bull headed, could they take care of themselves? I once had a broken leg and did all the house work, cooking, you name it, on crutches. When I left the hospital they said I would need a "care giver" but I told them it was too expensive to get rid of the last one and I'd handle it myself.

I am glad to hear she is getting around. I was told there is not a lot of pain in the procedure, but I never did trust a doctor's subjective estimation of pain. They tend to think pain is crying for mercy and begging someone to shoot you, when you are finally in pain.