HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 4 Gobbler Blasters
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 02:37 PM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

I am sorry to hear about your luck Talondale.. But it sounds like some exciting hunting you have had.. Hopefully one will come out and play for you to get a shot at him.. But, I am sure the gobbling kept you going.. That black bear would of made me nervous to say the least. I had one a couple of years ago come into my blind once. Fortunately I was not there at the time and he left me some mending to do on my blind. It is till use able now that I had fixed it back up.. Now good luck on the turkeys!! We are all routing for you..

I went out to check on a locked gate to see if they may have opened it up early or not today. They guy that wanted to take a ride up with me suggested we use his Jimmy. So off we went with his Jimmy and we were almost to the gate when we had a flat. That is when I found out he had left his spare home.. So I had to walk around a mile to get enough cell phone service to get a call out. I could see the gated road up ahead was still gated and was lucky enough to get a hold of my wife. I asked her to come out with his spare which he stated his wife knew where it was. Then waited around 2 1/2 hours for them to show up with my truck and a spare.. We got that tire changed and headed back. On the ride back I saw a huge long beard running for the woods. Then almost home we saw another nice bird with 2 hens.. So i did manage to see a couple of birds late in the day. We never expected that.. i can hardly wait for my season to open up!!

Good luck everyone that is out there hunting....