HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 50x209 Encore and bullets
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 09:46 AM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

The 2 sabot brands I have found to work best in my TC barrel are Harvester Crushed Rib and the MMP HP's. Don't know why you are limiting yourself to the .430 diameter bullets. Try you some .451's-.458's and you may find yourself some really great bullets. But the key thing about using the .451's and up is the thinner sabots. The thicker the sabot, the harder it is to "release" from the bullet. You want to see those petals "flowered" out really well and evenly. The .250gr shockwaves shot extremely well out of my barrel but the performance on a couple hogs and a couple of deer was just too bad for me to risk using them any more. Had some "blow up" issues with them. If you want a bullet with unmatched terminal performance get you some Bloodlines or some Lehigh Controlled Fracturing. (Both made by Lehigh). These are hunting bullets not paper punchers. They may not "group" the best. Most get an average of 1.5"-2" (I got my barrel to get them right at an inch) but that is plenty acceptable in hunting terms. Out to 150-200 yards those buggers put a flat out WHAMMY on deer. My daughter used some bloodlines this past season to drop a big old 9 point in its tracks. High shoulder hit, large section of spine, gone, lungs, gooie mess, no need for tracking, PRICELESS