HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WI Bill 411 - Mentored Hunting I don't agree with this at all!
Old 04-04-2016, 01:31 PM
dougl
Fork Horn

I'm not sure why any of that is a problem.Pa has a mentored program.The youth doesn't carry the weapon.The weapon is handed to the kid when you're stationary.The youth get's a turkey tag and a buck tag with their permit.The Mentor has to transfer his antlerless tag to the youth.So far it's been extremely safe.

It used to be that a kid had to be 12 before they could hunt.I can tell you for a fact that many of those 12 year olds learned how to load and shoot the day before the season opened.It was pretty scary to think those same kids were carrying a gun the next day.My son has been hunting with me since he was 7.To date,he's killed 4 bucks,12 does and three mature gobblers,along with more squirrels than I can remember and he's done it without blinds or foodplots.He was 10 this past year and quite honestly,he's as proficient and capable as most adults.people don't give kids enough credit.