HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - the best place to hunt for Squirrels
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 04:28 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Just live trap them using salted peanuts in the shell and take them for a ride in the country. Use a piece of wire and wire a peanut towards the back of the treadle, then throw one or two on the ground outside the trap and another inside, the squirrel will eat those and when he tries to get the one wired fast the trap will spring. Make sure you cross a stream or river before you release them.
haha, I do live trap and relocate them all the time, seems if I don;'t go farther than say 7 miles they come back!
I have 3 like traps, and as silly as it sounds, its like a full time job here, as for every one I transport, it seems a new one takes its place just as fast!!
I live in a one road town, a dead end, its about 2 miles long, and the neighbors tell me every time they see a squirrel , they say, its heading to my place ! LOL

and its funny, I have hawks and owls and a LOT of foxes here , not to mention a few neighbors cats in my yard all the time, and Never EVER seen one Catch a squirrel on me here.

cannot even get help that way it seems

I also have a bunch of flying squirrels here too, but I'm OK with them, there only out at night cleaning up what the birds drop out of the feeders
and that's funny too, as most of my bird feeders are hung so grays cannot get to them, BUT a flying one can, but don';t LOL

the Grays are my only issue here really
just too many, and they breed too fast
NO one I know eats them, so I don't hunt them, as I don't shoot what I don't eat, and I don't eat em either LOL