HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - mountain lions in pa
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2003, 07:57 PM
BCEncorePA

Default RE: mountain lions in pa

Hey guys, This is my first post. I have been reading as a guest now for about 2 years. I enjoy the sight, i get a kick out of you guys going back and forth as well as some useful information. I saw this post and finally had to join and respond. I am a Pa resident and I used to, I repeat used to work for the PGC. When working for the PGC the first thing the public says to you is " how about those mountain lions" Now I worked for the PGC for 3 years, still have some very close friends in the PGC including the furbearer biologist. I have been from Black Moshannon state forest, sproul state forest, the poconos, down and live in SE Pa. I personally have NEVER seen a mountain lion, nor have any of my friends who have logged thousands of hours all over the PA woods doing research. Now Pa is a large heavely wooded state. Who knows just maybe, MAYBE, there could be a few. In my opinion, I would say there are none. The spottings you hear of are always through a chain of friends. The pictures can never be proven. Including the one on this post. I know people that have said they are going to kill one and drop it on the door step at the PGC office in Harrisburg. It may take that to prove it. People do have mountain lions as pets as crazy as it seems and sometimes they get lose. Big house cats can be confused at night, the most common confusion is probably the bobcat. Now I am not trying to start off making any enemies. If you think you saw one all the power to ya. The PGC probably wont recognize one till they get one in their hands. I am just giving my personal opinion on the situation. You are all entitled to yours. Good luck and keep enjoying PA.