HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HECS hunting suit
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 11:08 AM
Mojotex
Nontypical Buck

Here's my HEK of a story.

I have (had) a rather slow whited buddy that I can call upon to help me out with some shaky stuff every now and then. I got one of these electro-magnetic signal outfits to go over the outside of a top of the line, latest cammo patterned scent blocker suit. Both in his size. i talked him in to an experiment. He's loves scientific studies.

I had him bathe first in a human body odor killing scent soap and dry off with a towel washed in non-scent laundry soap (twice). Then I degaussed him with one of those old TV wands I had in my junk shop waiting for "American Pickers" to come buy from me. I did this just as a precaution. I was concerned that if this new technology did not work, he might electrocute the deer and that I believe would constitute hunting with an illegal weapon.

After he dressed I put him in an extra large scent proof plastic bag and zipped him in there for a short ride out to my best looking food plot. I put him out in the middle of the plot. After he crawled out of his cocoon, I poured a whole bottle of guaranteed fresh doe pee over his back side and gave him a bleat call with instructions to give it a honk about every 15-30 minutes. I hung a "make a scrape" drip bag around his neck just as an added sort of thing.

About an hour later , low and behold, out came a half dozen monster bucks, all of which walked up near him and began fighting like crazy. Finally the big boy won and the rest headed out , bruised and dejected. And the show was on.

Finally, after things settled down and the buck was a few yards from my buddy, who by then was both down and out. I pulled the trigger on a monster B&C buck that I intended to enter into the record book, but I was so flabbergasted by the possible score of the rack that I had forgotten that we .... I was hunting in a high fence. And probably this was an illegal kill because I was sort of hunting over "bait", which is illegal in my state.

In case your are interested, my buddy is expected to be in good enough shape to head to rehab in a week or two. And I am pretty much convinced that this scientific study is definite proof that these products are all a must-have for any deer hunter to be successful.

(And yes, I was sober when I wrote this!)