HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2003, 05:15 PM
bigbulls
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

There is absolutly nothing wrong at all with taking a deer no matter if it was white, pink, or purple. You' re out there hunting for the purpose of harvesting an animal. I don' t see what differance it' s color makes.

I' m sure many other ethical hunters will feel the same. I wonder why some states make it illegal if there' s nothing wrong with hunting them. I guess you' d also kill the white moose that Spiegal posted the pics of. .
So I guess you are grouping all of us as unethical hunters? Ethics has nothing to do with taking an albino deer. It' s a deer and it walked to within shooting distance just like any other deer in the woods could have.

I think the concept of " fair chase" (have you heard of it?) precludes taking a defenseless animal and one of the deer' s main defenses is the ability to blend in to the background.
Fair chase defines the ethical hunting of free ranging wild animals not the color of its hair.

nor would I kill or defend the hunter that would kill a buck who was unfortunately robbed of one of his only two defenses - the other being his speed
Maybe you haven' t been hunting very long, I don' t know, but deer have many more defences than color and speed. Such as hearing, sight, smell and their instincts.

If there were the predators around that used to be around before we (humans) took everything over that buck wouldn' t have made it past being a spike before it would have been killed and eaten. He' s lucky he made it to be as big as he was and obviously lived a healthy life.
Congratulations to the hunter that harvested this fine whitetail buck.