HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Never hunted before, What to start off on?
Old 03-13-2016, 04:44 AM
alleyyooper
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Yes tiger and lion fans are pretty obnoxious . Can't under stand why they don't just stop waiting around for a string of championships (tiger fans) or a super bowl play off even (lion fans). They have a team in town that has been to the play offs 25 years in a row about to make it 26, won more championships than the tigers and lions combined.

We have gained so much hunting land usage rights just because of our coyote hunting usually, but some times whistle pigs. We show respect for the farmers property, closing all gates we open , leave no trash and remove carcasses from sight. Park out of the way where the farmer has told use is the best place for us to be out of their way.

With the seasons closed in my area you will run into plenty of older and young people who want to keep their shooting skills up and make use of the sporting clays course, 5 stand, skeet and trap range.

There are the rifle and pistol people who shoot at those ranges every week end too and belong to leagues, or sillowet shooting leagues. The archery range is busy also even during the deer season because of the archery leagues for indoor shooting and the field course.

Most of the people will share information if you don't go getting to pushy and just listening to them you gleam a bunch.

I would never ask to handle or shoot some ones rifle, pistol shot gun or bow. I may say that is a nice looking shot gun can you tell me about it. Some times that will lead to an offer to shot it if for example your on a clays course and shown you are a responsible person.

Our club has persons who teach fire arm safety and usage, also persons who teach archery. Normal charge is for so many rounds of ammo.

Al

Last edited by alleyyooper; 03-13-2016 at 04:48 AM.