HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 4 Gobbler Blasters
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 02:03 AM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by camokenny
Team members lets all make sure that we follow all the rules in posting pics. Must have pics of measurements and weights to be legal per the rules. Also must have a pic of you the bird and your weapon. Lets not loose a bird by not following the rules.

I have seen this happen in the past years on this contest (not posting proper pics) with no fowl to the team but lets not take any chances and win this thing fair and square.

Just my two cents.
You do not need to have your picture with the turkey and you and the weapon as many of us on this contest hunt alone. But do need a picture of your turkey. I have copied from the rules to help you with understanding what is needed. Most of us do include our self with the turkey to help solve any issues that may come up. I hunt alone a lot so I will get a picture of me and the bird once home. Sometimes I get the wife to get my picture with me and the bird but not always with the weapon which is still ok. Just as long as you state what the weapon you used is. We also had one situation where the member that shot a turkey didn't want to give out where because he was trying to keep the number of permit applications down. In such cases as this he had to contact the mod to ok it. But, that worked out ok for the team.. But, that is the only real way to make any kind of exception and still have the chance to count your bird. Any ways here are the rules I copied to help anyone with any questions along..

Team members must post a picture of their turkey to prove authenticity of the kill. A brief story along with statistics is welcomed. Do add a ruler to each spur and beard in the pictures taken. If you don't know how to post pictures, ask your Team captain, or a member of your team that knows how to post pictures to help you out.
Be sure to say what specie, Rio, Eastern, etc. when, where, and what weapon you used for the kill when you post a picture.

Thanks..