HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - More pigs than I can handle, to non?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 08:13 PM
Mhuffman
Spike

Default More pigs than I can handle, to non?

Okay guys, our property in central Florida was overrun with hogs. At one point in time last month I shot two in the morning, went back a few hours later and shot two more, then came back and shot two more that night. It seems like I could go every day and get at least one before I crossed half of the property. And that was only burying fermented and whole corn.

The corner of another property protrudes into ours and they bed down on the other property not far from the fence line, so I put a feeder up about 20 yards from the main spot they cross. They were on it that night. I went out a couple days after putting it up and got a 300+ sal and a 250+ boar about 100 yards from the feeder then over the next two weeks shot 2 more that weren't on the feeder but near it and I haven't seen one since then, that was last week. I just do not understand how it goes from shooting fish in a barrel to nothing..? Should I just stay away for a week or so?

Oh and the property is a wide, long patch of cow pastures and woods between to major road ways and has a good number of cattle on it if that matters, and there are also two very large body's of water on the property. And quite a few coyotes that I haven't had the pleasure of giving lead poisoning to yet even though i can always hear them. And between the sounders I've seen at minimum 75 piglets. some advise would awesome!

Last edited by Mhuffman; 03-08-2016 at 08:16 PM.