HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 1 turknado
Thread: Team 1 turknado
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 01:38 PM
JoeA
Nontypical Buck

Early season result...I found this guy Fri AM gobbling his head off behind me. He'd respond to soft calls, but I couldn't turn him from going downhill to his hens. Sat AM, I snuck in below him, to the side of a likely path of travel. At 6:15 he sounded off and kinda stayed in place. He then moved to my left, and came down slope angling to cross a fire road. I moved down and got in front of him. He gobbled the whole time, and I could hear the hens. He kept angling towards the road, and I paralleled him. I'm sure he heard me, and went silent.
Then another hunter drove past and slowed down when he saw me 15yds off the road in the grass. I waved him past, and the gobbler moved back from the road. I moved up 10 more yds, between him and the girls. I sat/kneeled between 2 likely paths he'd take. He gobbled once, close but the grass clumps were 2-3' tall making it hard to see him. I saw grass move and he stepped into view at 26yds, right in my line of fire. I moved the barrel 1" left and Boom!
The whole thing lasted 45mins and it was an awesome hunt. He was an average 2yo for our area; 14.25#, 6.75" beard, and .75" spurs.
Attached Images