HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Huntin with member Falcon today
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 08:31 PM
MountainDevil54
Banned

Default Huntin with member Facon today

Got into oklahoma today with my dad and brother. We met up with Floyd (falcon) and chit chatted for a bit and then drove out to the hog hunting area so falcon could show us around and where to set up, along with baiting and setting traps.

On the second to last trap we ( dad,bro and I ) were ooooing and ahhhing over the nice little pond set up and I caught some white/pinkish color in the swampy area.

Turned out to be a hog and I says.. Floyd, there's hogs down there!

What?!

There's hogs down there! I see a black one and a white/pink hog.

Go get 'em Jon!

I got out of the truck, primed my new Traditions Hawken Woodsman loaded with 80gr Goex 2fg, primed with Goex 4fg, .015" patch lubed with my Anti rust & patch lube, home cast .490" round ball.

The wind was blowing pretty good and as I was working my way to a dead tree for some support to lean on, there was a 20ish pound pig looking at me while the fat porky and the black porky were rooting around in the swampy grass stuff. They had their backs to me and so I took my time setting the trigger and waiting for the fat porky to move into position for a clean shot.

After a short time, the 2 big hogs started to root around and she turned into perfect position!

I squeezed the trigger and she fired instantly and through the smoke, I saw her drop on the spot.

I had to run to falcons truck to grab a speed loader and after that, we went out to find her.

I'm a bit tired right now to tell the rest of the story but holy smokes guys. None of us expected to get a hog this evening after a 7 hour drive!

Who says them stupid simple, stupid low cost, stupid round balls can't kill?!

Don't worry, I have more pics to load, just tired to the point that my head is throbbing lol.

Last edited by MountainDevil54; 03-06-2016 at 08:34 PM.