HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Future hunter participation
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 09:05 AM
Terasec
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Game Stalker
Most hunters are generally aware that hunter #'s are falling. While viewing my states game dept. website, the statistics were pretty clear this is the case in VA. Based on your state/locale statistics or
observations, have you taken notice of this? I have influenced quite a few people to partake in hunting or shooting over the years but lately that's been more sporadic. How has your influence been?
its been a problem for decades,
with lower hunter numbers, less incentive for states/feds to increase funding and to increase access to hunting lands,
i try to get all kids involved in hunting and outdoors,
friends that dont hunt but enjoy outdoors i encourage them to take a hunters ed course, explain to them that theres alot more to it than just the actual hunting, and if they spend time in the field, they should know hunting regs regardless of whether they hunt,
many may only associate hunting with big game, but i explain the small game aspect of hunting, more people are prone to start hunting with small game, much more manageable for them, then they can pursue big game if they like.