HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Buying a Safe... what lessons have you to share?
Old 02-29-2016, 02:21 AM
alleyyooper
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I bought mine about 25 years a go. It is a liberty with mechanical dial com. It is a 30 gun model and holds 30 guns but I put mine in by how much I use them. All the scoped rifles go along the out side walls and all the non scoped guns go back to back down the center.

Do not rely on those moisture absorbing packs you can put in the dryer, You will get tired of drying them out and they stop working.
]BUY a good Golden Rod.
I bought the 36 inch model a year after I got fed up with the packets. Installed it in the back of the safe fed the wire out and plugged it in. Never noticed a increase in electric bill, open the safe and get a pleasant odder of Hopps #9, gun oil and warmth.

It is so nice and warm in the safe I keep all my primers in it.

I also suggest you put it on a concrete floor and bolt it in place. Mine was sat in place holes marked and safe moved so holes could be drilled with a hammer drill then double inserts pounded in place.
Sat safe back in place and bolted it down. It isn't going any place till those # 8 bolts are removed.

Last edited by alleyyooper; 02-29-2016 at 02:24 AM.