HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ethics
Thread: Ethics
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2003, 10:09 AM
Bow-4-It
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ethics

Duckmastor2, you are exactly right when you say that these people have absolutely NO hunting ethics or respect for the animal. I don' t even call them hunters. I hunt public ground, only because I have been here for only 5 years and have not found any private land that is available. I DO NOT hunt the 1st 2 days with shotgun because of all the idiots running around. I wait till during the week to hunt. It has worked out ok. I got a 7 point during the middle of the week last year and a real nice 8 point in 2001 on a thursday. Nothing this year.
And djdkman, both were one shot kills with 000 buckshot under 50 yards and both dropped where they stood. It also sounds like. in all the episodes that Duckmastor described, they were using slugs. So, I do not agree that buckshot is the problem. You have to know your limits no matter what type of ammo that you use. There' s guys that stretch the limit and beyond with slugs also. Believe me I know. My Dad had a butcher shop at home in Jersey and we butchered deer for 25 years. We seen anything you could possibly imagine as far as deer being shot with slugs and buckshot both. The shot is only as good as the person that pulls the trigger.