HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - home protection handgun
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 04:30 PM
MudderChuck
Nontypical Buck

A .357 magnum with 110 grn 38 spl ammo is plenty enough to do the job. Relatively low recoil, especially with a .357 revolver, no worse than a 9MM. And then you have the option of firing .357 ammo if you want. Stainless is unlikely to rust sitting on the shelf. And is more visible in low light.

Low light and somebody may not see a sub compact.

The chances of a miss are high in a high stress environment, a large ball of flame is better than nothing. I've shot my 2 1/2 inch barreled .357 at the range and had everybody stop shooting and stare.

Maybe some of my critics should try "thinking" before they speak.

I've given it some thought, have any of the critics?

The only real thinking they ever do is to try to figure out ways to denigrate somebody else. And talk a lot about what experts they are. I started out the post saying IMO, my guess is their opinion is the only one that counts.

I've shot at people and been shot. This is the real world.

A wheel gun is uncomplicated, fairly safe and IMO a person has less chance of forgetting a safety, working a pump slide release or bolt release when stressed.

And lastly, my critic is the same guy that said he would stand there and let ricochet bullets hit him, because they won't hurt you anyway (paraphrasing).

You run into some crack head or other hyped up individual and you want to give yourself every advantage.

The intent isn't necessarily to scare them away, but if it does you may be ahead of the game. A whole lot less paperwork.

And like Oodtirm said practice.

Last edited by MudderChuck; 02-10-2016 at 04:35 PM.