HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - home protection handgun
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 12:48 PM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Really, what a crock of nonsense. I assure you a gun pointed in anyone's direction will get their attention right quick no matter if it is a .38 special a .22 or a shotgun. How is a .357 loaded with 110 grain HPs any better than a .38 special loaded with the same? Ball of flame impressive? If there is a ball of flame the impressive part should be a bullet to the chest, you don't shoot at an intruder to scare them with a fireball. I have never heard of a bad guy asking what caliber or gauge a gun that was pointed at them is. I would rather see a person with a .380 they can handle than a larger bore that they cannot handle. Even a .22 bore looks like a cannon when it is pointed at you! The OP is asking for some help to get a gun for his wife who has no experience with a firearm, bigger is better is not helpful advice, in fact the whole post is not helpful. I was a police firearms instructor for 25 years and have taught hundreds of men and women how to shoot both handgun and shotgun and I taught kids to shoot and still do. I don't know where you come up with some of the stuff you post but it is not from the real world. Mr. Slim please do not put any credence in the above, everyone else has given you reasonable advise. I knew I should not have read it but it is almost like watching a train wreck, you just can't look away.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 02-10-2016 at 01:33 PM.