HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 01:41 PM
moosehunter28
Spike

Originally Posted by Nord QC Bouman
Yup - basically 2 times the cost if you want 2 Caribou

If I could support the lodge I would but this is out of my reach this year. The bad part of these guys may go under - operating costs are steady and the days of 8500 tags is gone - image fighting to split 1200 tags for 22B with Kisk. If you could get 800 of these you are down to 25% of what you could do in the days of buying 6500 tags and charging $1240.

This is really a shame and the worse part is the science - not agree with the assessment of the native councils - they should monitor their own people 1st - Chiassabi last year was a damn shame the why they tried to show white hunters where the issue.
Agree with you 100% that the Cree should monitor their own Harvest . Was up hunting Dec 2014 for opener and when we passed the dumpsters at km 544 of James Bay road there was caribou heads all over the place . A real shame to see that . Wasn't the white man that's for sure cause the hunt wasn't open . Wonder what the tag situation would be for the outfitters if Nouchimi was still open ..... And another thing that I herd was that Hydro Quebec wanted to start a mega project up on La Grande Riviere La Baleine . So opening a road straight north to this location would ease the caribou hunt , something that Cree nations don't want . Will see what the future brings .