HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone Packing while they're Fishing?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 11:50 AM
MudderChuck
Nontypical Buck

I do, when you are away from witnesses and alone is when the two legged predators are likely to give you a try. Something about them being away from the city (and witnesses) makes them brazen or brings out the primal in them.

I'm also Leary about my vehicle, parked someplace secluded away from witnesses. More than once I've discouraged someone from snooping around my ride. I was asleep on my pickup bench seat after fishing all night for Eel, the widows were fogged up. I wake up to find some yahoo trying to jimmy my door. I wiped the fog off the inside of the side window and showed him my 12 gauge, he split jiffy quick.

Many times bad dudes will try bombast and intimidation when they get busted and/or are on the prowl. Packing can help avoid escalation.

On another note, I've parked my rear in a chair with my fishing pole and propped my scatter gun close by. Nutria, Mink or whatever is likely to stumble your way. It usually freaks the Warden a bit. When he asks why? I always say they have some big fish here abouts.

Over the years I've stumbled across numerous Pot plots, some guarded, some not. Some of those Pot growers can be pretty salty.