HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New bowhunter this season! Points on starting?
Old 01-30-2016, 09:00 AM
LIVE2RIDE
Spike

Awesome info everyone. I didn't realize how old this thread was and how inactive I have been. I started a new career shortly after this and sadly I did not buy a bow and I barely rifle hunted since!! But my interest is still at its peak. And this year I have devoted myself to get into it. I have contacted many shops recently in search of deals and information, and naturally over the years I still find myself reading countless hunting and information books in my spare time.

I plan on buying a bow shortly and practicing regularly until season starts, then I will possibly use it for small game for good practise and step up to bigger game when I feel ready. I have been shooting friends bows when I can but a lot of them are not set up for my. I am set on purchasing either the Bear Montana Longbow or the Martin Saber. It will most likely be the longbow as I really like the look and style. My draw length is 29'' so im going in the 45# range, carbon arrows etc. Hopefully get to do some hunting this fall!!