HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What's important in a Concealed Carry weapon?
Old 01-27-2016, 05:29 AM
GoexBlackhorn
Fork Horn

Had to rule-out S&W and Glock because they don't offer anything pocket-small and inexpensive like the....

Ruger CLP
Taurus TCP738
Kahr CW380

Keep in-mind these are not once-a-week range guns. What you cited above are. These-above will fire every time a Glock or S&W does, coming out of concealment when needed.

One must decide how and when he will use this CCW first. If I want a range pistol, I'll buy something more expensive and more reliable for firing thousands and thousands of rounds. None of those three I mentioned above, will I even fire a thousand times in their lifetime. They are for dire-straits security (up-close and personal) and they wear most comfortable than any others in that price/size category.

I want something small and thin - where a holster is not needed. I want something that won't pocket-print without a holster. That's what those three I mentioned above will do. The Glock and S&W are bigger.... too big for me. But I would buy either for a waist-carry pistol. Both are nice pistols for sure. But both are too big for many small pants-pockets. I want a carry pistol that works with any sized pocket. I do not want to rule-out any pair of pants, when climbing out of bed in the mornings.

Also, I do not want a waisdt carry pistol that gets in the way of truck consoles and/or seatbelts. RH-shooters normally carry on the same side as my truck console and seatbelt clip-on. So that's another reason why I want a pocket carry 1st --- ankle carry 2nd. But that ankle carry needs to be a lightweight gun and that's what those three I mentioned above are.

When walking the dog everyday, I'll take my bigger 9MM PT111 G2 in a totally covered Sneaky Pete holster...... keeping it totally water-repelled..../ out of the elements outside. I'll use it for that everyday and for keeping in my sock drawer at night, which is an arms length away. I sleep in a smallish bedrooom. My entire house is only 1100 square feet..... small.

Last edited by GoexBlackhorn; 01-27-2016 at 05:43 AM.