HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question for you peep sight fellas...
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 04:01 PM
Blackpowdersmoke
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
I do hunt with my peep sighted flinters BPS, and with two peep sighted caplocks (GM barreled TC Hawkens in .50 and .58). I don't have any difficulty with them in even thick pine woods with any reasonable light. Peeps do suffer during that golden time just after first light in the morning and right at dusk. Though it may still be legal shooting hours and you can see the game well enough to identify it, you can't see the front sight well through the peep to place the shot. I fix that little difficulty with my sight light, which goes on the barrel during those brief periods. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blac...ight-dusk.html
Semi,

I can fully understand that. I had PM'd bronko earlier with regard to how each other's late ML season went this month and told him that the only opportunity I had was the day after New Year and I had a deer come in within the last ten minutes of legal shooting time. I could see the deer where it was standing, it was less than 40 yards from me, but I just couldn't see my sights well enough to make a shot. Not to mention that I couldn't positively identify if it was a doe or a young buck (I only had a doe tag left) so I would not have shot either way...

I was in the woods, maybe if I was sitting in the open on a field edge or similar it would have been OK... I'd rather not take chances.

BPS