HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is my guns and loads acceptable topics here?
Old 01-18-2016, 05:58 PM
Semisane
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Semi - that's not nice!
I think the guidelines set forth earlier are OK after having a private and logical discussion on the reasoning for this forum. Whatever the title of the forum doesn't really matter. It may be misleading to some but the regulars will know what it is for.
Sorry `bout that Bronko. I did not intend to be not nice. Nor did I even consider what might be nice or not nice. I was attempting to reinforce my point that instituting too many distinctions can be counterproductive.

Let me say outright that I too think the guidelines set forth earlier are OK. They are clear enough and I can certainly live with them.

I guess when the thought of breaking out a traditional forum arose I viewed the issue with tunnel vision. I assumed the objective was an inline forum and a sidelock forum. It never even occurred to me that a much more limited traditional forum was being proposed. Frankly, the level of interest in that limited type of forum surprises me.

So now we have a traditional forum. A range session with my .54 caliber 1:70 twist Green Mountain Renegade shooting patched balls will not be welcome in the traditional forum because the gun wears a scope. That's OK. I'll just post that session in the "regular" forum. (And I bet you read it ) And when I shoot some XPT's out of my peep sighted TC Hawken with the .50 GM 1:28" twist barrel I can post that in the regular forum also. (And I bet you read it ) And when I try sabots and .40 caliber Deep Curls in the recently acquired open sighted .45 caliber Pedersoli/Hatfield flintlock with it's 1:48" twist I'll post that in the regular forum also. It's all good, really. But the "traditional" forum will certainly get a lot less action than would a "sidelock" forum.

Thinking back as to why the HNI Black Powder forum was my absolute favorite muzzleloading forum (and possibly the most active ML forum on the Net) I know it was because it was the one forum that included all muzzleloaders with no limitations as to type of action, or powder, projectile, sight, etc. I'm sure HNI will still be my favorite. But instead of looking at one forum I'll be bouncing between two - and reading most of the threads in both. I bet just about every one of you will also.