HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question for you peep sight fellas...
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 03:07 PM
Blackpowdersmoke
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
It makes the front sight clear and takes the place of the rear sight although you can still look through the rear sight. Since the front sight being in focus is what is important it makes a huge difference in being able to shoot with confidence. It does the same thing as an installed peep sight and that is making your focus clear when looking through a small hole, you really should not be focusing on your rear sight anyway, it is just to line you up with your front sight. Rear sight blurry, front sight clear. Just a suggestion to save you money and keep your flintlock traditional.
If that's the case I should be able to shoot like a Marine Sniper! LOL! At my age my rear sights are getting fuzzier each year but the front sight is still clear. I seemed to remember that there was evidence of some our ancestors having to have the rear sight moved forward toward the muzzle on their barrels for this reason in order to maintain a sharp sight picture. Anyone else ever heard/read that?

BPS