HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is my guns and loads acceptable topics here?
Old 01-17-2016, 08:59 AM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

I am somewhat in agreement with MDs allowed/not allowed list. But being that this is OUR forum WE should come to an agreement of what is allowed. I don't think that this should be a totally traditional forum in the purest sense. For instance, if we're going to allow BP substitutes (which are nothing more than a modern BP), then why not allow saboted or jacketed bullets?
This forum I believe was designed to be separate from the other BP forum and the inline group with scoped rifles and long range desires. I have nothing against that. I have an inline that I keep just for fun but rarely use. I also have several sidelocks that are solely PRB shooters. But I also have sidelocks with fast twist barrels that shoot saboted jacketed bullets mush better than full bore lead conicals.
I don't know how to set it up but I think a list of items allowed or not allowed should be set up in some sort of poll.
That way the majority would rule. Any tie should fall into the allowed category.