HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is my guns and loads acceptable topics here?
Old 01-15-2016, 07:08 PM
idahoron
Nontypical Buck

When I first decided to build a far speaker I wanted it to be able to compete with any muzzleloader on the market. I modeled my gun after the Whitworth. I wanted a fast twist rifle. I wanted adjustable sights that I could adjust for the shot at hand. And I wanted a bullet that topped it all off. I got side tracked with the Hornady Great Plains 410 gr 50 cal. It shot great but it was a dinosaur that was on its way out. It didn't have a hollow point or feather light weight. After the 410 was discontinued I stored 30 boxes and figured I would use them and worry about it then. Well I didn't leave well enough alone. I started to find a replacement then. Again I went back to the whitworth for the answer. Paper patched bullets. The first bullet I thought of was the end of the search for me. It was the Lee C501-440-RF. After a lot of testing and eventually getting a lead hardness tester I perfected the bullet and the hardness. I tested them on game and it was a SMASHING (pun intended) success. Testing on the 45's was next. and now I am just sitting back shooting the guns and not really testing much at all.

Some Boards I am Daniel Boon. Others I am on of the members of star trek with my modern weapon. I had to ask so I knew if I was allowed to stay.