HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why did you buy your current muzzle loader?
Old 01-13-2016, 05:24 AM
GoexBlackhorn
Fork Horn

Around 2002 I purchased the T/C Omega and sold my Pedersoli Rolling Block 54-cal inline, for it had the world's smallest trigger guard and I use two pair of gloves in Michigan winters.. The Omega was a technology leader at the time and I had the money back then to purchase their most loaded model.

In December 2014, Knight offered a Christmas-week sale on their normal price $349 Knight Vision for only $199. Absolutely no regrets on that no-brainer decision, for the break-action Vision's breech-area is significantly easier to clean than the fall-action Omega.

The worst decision of ML career (since 1992) was my decision to purchase the full-stock Traditions Shenandoah 14 years ago.

PEOPLE: Think twice.... make that three times, prior to selecting a full-stock over a half-stock. I normally enjoy cleaning my MLs, just as much as I shoot them. But I cuss like a two-bit whore every time I must clean that pinned full-stock ML, for the wood is not of craftsman variety and I choose to leave those two pins in.

What a PITA that ML is. But my wife absolutely loves it's brassy features / looks hanging on a wall, with a powder-horn hanging below the trigger.

Myself?....... I wish that had been my 2nd choice that year...... a CVA Mountain Rifle that Cabelas brought back for only one year of production from CVA. . Boy did I screw-up that choice between those two MLs. So excuse me while I kick myself in the pants for the 1003rd time.

Last edited by GoexBlackhorn; 01-13-2016 at 05:28 AM.