HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are they a better gun???
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Grouse45
Nontypical Buck

Default Are they a better gun???

Well we are gonna find out!!! CVA makes a pretty bold statement when they claim they are just a better gun. No better way then to find out, then to put them all together. I bought a used T/C Impact for the test. I got a CVA MR sent to me, and also a T/C Strike. I'm also going to include the Knight Vision. I had Plans to include the Triumph but it seems that would be unfair right now. The Triumph and Encores seem to be superior so far in the break open ML world.

This weekend will probably be my last weekend for big game hunting. At least for Bucks for sure. So the testing will hopefully take place next weekend. So far the MR seems like the best feeling for me. But the breech plug is rediculous for a QR breech plug. I could take a bolt out of a Knight and unscrew it faster. I'm being a little sarcastic but the breech plug is the pits. The T/C QRB plug is Far superior in all aspects.

The Strike seems really cool, can't wait to shoot it. Out of all three ML'S right now the T/C Impact impresses me the most. What a ML for $200.00 plus dollars. This obviously could change in the testing but pretty cool so far.

I also like the MR way better then the original Accura I had. But of course that's just personal preference.

Of all four of the muzzleloaders being tested I wouldn't mind knowing any down sides to any of them I can look for while testing. And please, I don't care what your neighbor thinks either. If you didn't own it, don't knock it.

I will not exceed 110grns of powder by volume in any of the ML'S. I also probably won't exceed a 250grn bullet. I might change my mind and also test 300grn bullets but I'll probably drop the powder, but we will see.