HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - One big reason I choose venison instead of lean beef! Quality meat!
Old 01-07-2016, 03:00 PM
TSR6
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SoloCamper
Saw this on reddit not long ago. I've never had any fat added to my ground venison, most of it goes into chili or tacos anyway, so there's no sense in paying extra for fat that gets drained off. Pure ground venison burgers will stick together fine without the egg, provided they're cooked on the stove and you are delicate when flipping them. Grilling is probably a different story.
I found that the less I "mix up" the venison before putting in the burger press, the better it stays together. I only add egg (and usually not the full egg when its my wife & I) if I'm in the grill, or if I'm mixing burger seasoning into the meat, and working the meat before making patties.

I agree on the fat... like the video shows, I only added a little lean beef into the venison pile just to get a little more grease to keep it from sticking. I didnt put enough coconut oil or grease on the pan for the lean venison. lol