HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - cva breech plug
Thread: cva breech plug
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 05:54 AM
muzzlestuffer
Nontypical Buck

Default cva breech plug

i recently purchased a cva v2/lr nitride thumbhole combo deal with the plan to leave that rifle back home with a friend so i don't have to travel with a gun every time i want to go back to hunt (buffalo ny) so anyway i shoot loose powder and bought some bh 209 to try along with some of those federal game shok bullets so it's been two weeks and i can't find a replacement breech plug for loose powder in the black finish but found a silver or s.s. ? one but no tool to install it for the first time which is required. so my point to this story is this is ridiculous that after two weeks i still can't shoot my gun because cva is that cheap they can't provide one ! i called cva and he told me the reason is because most "85-90%" shoot pellets because it's easier. i should have just bought a knight rifle and been done with it so without even shooting it i already don't have a good opinion of cva at least as a company! and yes i know you can shoot loose powder with the one it comes with but the guy at cva told me i would get a 10-15% potential failure to fire using it which is ok for target but not for hunting !!