HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do You Doubt The PRB?
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2015, 06:34 AM
Muley Hunter
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by OldBob47
SH54,

My main crossbow is a Parker Thunderhawk. This was one of my best purchases. Nice fellow at the store set it up, I took it home, and proceeded to shoot through the same hole. I got more anal later. Reading the forums about how bad the issue scopes were on crossbows, I did experiment. I ended up with the one it came with, works fine. I shoot Black Eagle Zombie Slayers (stupid name, good arrows) with Slick Trick 150 gr. I chronoed one at 289 FPS. I lost the next arrow. From a rest, I normally sight in at 30 yards, using the first dot down. Doing that, I can do the same thing you do from 0 to 40. Past that I would get a little antsy. At 50 I can begin to see the arrow "dropping" into the target, and at 60 its quite obvious. The reason I mention this is because where I see the deer, is around 60 yards from my back porch. If I do hunt them, I'm going to work a little harder to get closer.

OldBob

Sorry Bob, but I have to say something about this. Killing game in your backyard is really lame, and not the sign of a fair chase hunter.

Leave them alone, and go do a real hunt.