HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do You Doubt The PRB?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 10:07 PM
OldBob47
Banned

Default I can do something similar.

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
I've got 2 bows in the locker that would argue that point strenuously. Both are set up with single pin usage from 0 to 40 yards. 4 inches difference in that range. Meaning I can hold center on pretty much any shot within 40 yards and decimate lungs on whitetail and up. So no, it isn't ludicrous by any means in the range of 40 yards and in. BTW, both those bows push my hunting rig arrows at approximately 311 and 317 fps. I don't shoot past 40 yards for pass through performance reasons. Past 40 yards and the odds of complete pass through lower quite a bit.
SH54,

My main crossbow is a Parker Thunderhawk. This was one of my best purchases. Nice fellow at the store set it up, I took it home, and proceeded to shoot through the same hole. I got more anal later. Reading the forums about how bad the issue scopes were on crossbows, I did experiment. I ended up with the one it came with, works fine. I shoot Black Eagle Zombie Slayers (stupid name, good arrows) with Slick Trick 150 gr. I chronoed one at 289 FPS. I lost the next arrow. From a rest, I normally sight in at 30 yards, using the first dot down. Doing that, I can do the same thing you do from 0 to 40. Past that I would get a little antsy. At 50 I can begin to see the arrow "dropping" into the target, and at 60 its quite obvious. The reason I mention this is because where I see the deer, is around 60 yards from my back porch. If I do hunt them, I'm going to work a little harder to get closer.

OldBob