HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Switching bullets have question
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 06:45 AM
WV Hunter
Nontypical Buck

In your other post, flounder and sabotloader offered to send you some of the 260's super cheap. Personally, I feel they are fantastic bullets and they work great...and it sounds like you have had good success with them as well. I'd take them up on their offer and you will be good to go! Don't have to change a thing.

Re: other bullets, sure...there are plenty of good options. If I was using an XTP, it would be of similar size to what you are now. I don't feel like you'll gain anything, they are similar.

If you can find any 240gr or 300gr Deep Curls anyhwhere...grab em up. They are amazing, imo the best cup/core bullet in that design/size. If you want higher tech bullets that perform superbly, look at the 250gr Knight Bloodlines. Many folks like the Barnes 250 & 290 also... so you have alot of quality options should you decide to change. There are plenty more I didn't list, but at the end of the day... what you are using now will put em down every time at the ranges you hunt, in my experience.