HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 454 Casull Rifle
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 06:38 PM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

RR, D80 just got a .450 Bushy so I imagine his dad has no interest in one. Probably old school like most of us old farts and likes old school bolts and levers. I'm an exception to that rule for the most part as I enjoy my AR's almost as much as my old levers. ALMOST being the operative word there

D80, if that is your budget, how about trying to hunt up a Pre Freedom Group takeover 1894 Marlin chambered in .44mag? They say the new ones are getting better but it's still somewhat of a crap shoot to get a new one worth a damn. But one from around 1990 or so was when they were on top of their game again and the 1894's were dang nice rifles. Around a year or 2 before the FG took over they were getting pretty ragged because of the older than dirt tooling so look for one that is around 2006 or before. Drilled and tapped receivers, side ejection so no problems with scoping. I had a .44mag 1894 for a good many years and took a pretty respectable amount of deer with that little rifle. Now the oldest boy has it and uses it quite well hog slaying. Damn kids get every nice gun of mine