HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The truth about muzzleloading!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 07:26 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Grouse45
I'm not talking about years, I'm talking about days. Open up your new box of pellets the day before hunting season and shoot a fowling shot thru your Chrono. Go hunting and keep gun loaded for two days. On the third day shoot it thru the Chrono. Then when your shocked at what you see, do the same test on paper at 200 yards. You will never use them again. I can't believe as much as you shoot, your not using a Chrono for many different reasons. I shoot at the most 10lbs of BH209 a year. That's when I'm testing new bullets. When I got nothing to test I'll shoot 1/2 that amount. I don't care how much money you have or don't have, I would switch to Smokeless powder for sure. And obviously by a NULA or something else rated for Smokeless.
tom I think part of the problem BarnesAddict's is dealing with is the Ultimate Arms rifle he is shooting.

I believe he already tried BH and froze the BP in place or something like that. The Johnson Ultimate Arms is designed to shoot up to 4 Pyro pellets and it may not allow him to shoot loose powder.

This link will take you to the particulars of the rifle.

http://ultimatefirearms.com/