HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Buck rubs in low deer density areas
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 01:15 AM
alleyyooper
Nontypical Buck

Talking

First off the DNR can stop lying about the wolf population. Then when there is a season make the price of the tags reasonable in cost so the common average Yooper can afford to buy them. If they set the limit at 100 wolves then let 100 wolves be harvested do not sell 100 tags and stop the hunt at 50 wolves killed.
Wolf tags should not be looked at as a money cow for the state at the price of the UP deer herd.

Also there was
A $40,000 gift from the Safari Club International Foundation to help improve the winter habitat for deer in Michigan's Upper Peninsula

The state Department of natural Resources says the money will help fund a wildlife biologist position that is assigned to develop comprehensive strategies for 57 winter habitat complexes. The focus of the work primarily will be on land that isn't managed by the DNR. that means the 40,000 will pay a wage for said biologist for one year

The Upper Peninsula Habitat Work Group was reconvened this year to focus on improving and conserving critical winter habitat.
I think this is a group to help pi$$ the money away.

Officials recently said Michigan's 2014 deer hunting harvest was down about 15 percent from 2013, due in part to severe winter weather in recent years. Regional declines were the greatest in the Upper Peninsula, where the overall harvest was down nearly 36 percent. Notice no mention of the wolves.

Notice the DNR has gotten their grubby paws on the money. I personally think this will come to nothing as far as improving the herd, health of the herd and the habitat.

I have not seen nor heard a person who has a UP deer camp nor any resident Yooper's that have a good thing to say about the DNR, Wolves and this years deer season to date.

Al

Last edited by alleyyooper; 12-08-2015 at 01:18 AM.