HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ohio Gun Season
Thread: Ohio Gun Season
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 05:26 PM
t.shaffer
Typical Buck

went out this morning & don't think there 2 other guys hunting in the whole lorain county however did see 3 doe well over 400 yrds away.
wentover to another property around 11 am & still nobody to be found
went in & kicked around & nothing & then all a sudden @ 1 pm seem like everybody was out started to hear shots & pretty close but did'nt see anything & @1 30 pm started to walk out & seen a doe come in off the road & into some thick stuff . well i actually wanted to get out of there by 2 pm my wife was having a birthday get together for me with the kids & friends & i started to walk again & there in front of me was the deer in some thick cover, so i started to raise the 45/70 up slowly& was able to take a shot @ 35yrds & the deer went down hard & was still kicking around. watched for a few seconds & then it was over. looked to see & find it was button buck good size field dressed @ 160 @ the processors place. going back out tomorrow to hopefully fill another tag we are aloud 3 either sex tags in lorain county. i m not really a head hunter just want to keep & fill up the freezer. don't remember the last time i bought beef. i love the taste of vension. field dressed the deer & found i blew the heart completely apart. but yet this deer kicked around & tried to get up a couple of minutes after the shot.