HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Greenswamp wma hunters
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 04:28 AM
sometimesbro
Spike

Originally Posted by Boosted
Gate will be open after 8:00am on Friday.

also I've seen a wide array of different stand securing. I've seen people just lock the stand at the top. I've seen hang on stands left on the tree and they've just removed the strap on ladder sections on the way down. Probably the best one I've seen was a coated cable lock that was about 30 feet long (seriously) weaved thru the ladder section down and back up then around the tree on top and bottom with a big padlock on it. However out there you can't ever really trust that anything will prevent theft only slow it down. I personally just use a climber. Just my .02 cents though.
Thanks for the response.
As for the tree stand issue, I agree that the only sure way to prevent theft is to leave nothing in the woods. I was hoping that I would set a ladder stand up, then after I get out of work around 4pm throughout the season I could quickly ease out there with nothing but a pack and gun for the last hour or so before sunset. I'll take your advice and make it difficult to steal and inconvenient as possible.
I'm heading out this friday after work to retrieve a couple cameras that have been soaking for about a week on a promising area, then will be out for the Saturday quota opener.
Good hunting!
Thanks again.