HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Greenswamp wma hunters
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 12:00 PM
Boosted
Spike

Originally Posted by sometimesbro
Guys, I have a few quick questions. Does the wildlife management area open up on Friday, December 4 for scouting? If so what time?

My next question, I plan on putting a ladder Treestand out there. What have you found to be the best ways to secure the stand to the tree to deter and prevent theft? I have seen people chain the top portion of the Treestand to the tree and this seems like a good way to do it, but I'm looking for any other suggestions you have found to be successful. Thanks and have a great week.
Gate will be open after 8:00am on Friday.

also I've seen a wide array of different stand securing. I've seen people just lock the stand at the top. I've seen hang on stands left on the tree and they've just removed the strap on ladder sections on the way down. Probably the best one I've seen was a coated cable lock that was about 30 feet long (seriously) weaved thru the ladder section down and back up then around the tree on top and bottom with a big padlock on it. However out there you can't ever really trust that anything will prevent theft only slow it down. I personally just use a climber. Just my .02 cents though.