HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bushnell 12MP Trophy Cam HD Essential Low Glow
Old 11-27-2015, 06:34 PM
littlearrow
Nontypical Buck

I have 7 of the 2009 Bushnell Trophy Trail cameras. What one has to watch is make sure the springs do not corrode as they are very thin. I replaced a couple springs and use a dab of Lithium grease on them. One, I am not able to set the proper date. The date will change when the camera is set out, but it will not be the proper date. These have been the best for me. I used the earlier version of WildView EZ Cam but switched when video cameras became available. I have since used several Spy Point series, and lots of the Moultrie series which are approximately two years old. For me, Moultrie and Spy Point have been a very poor investment. In all I have had access to 40 trail cameras. Some were exchanged for warranty, repair and some were sold. What I have found, on the newer cameras, the cameras start to malfunction when the voltage drops to the 1.30 area. Older cameras started to malfunction around 1.0 to 1.2 volt. I have used the Lithium which are high voltage, testing 1.79 to 1.83 volt. Ones that took "C" batteries, I purchased the sleeves so I could use the Lithium as they are only available in "AA". All the best in whatever you choose.

Last edited by littlearrow; 11-27-2015 at 06:37 PM.